Code of Conduct
Rutland Sailing Club expects all members and their guests to show respect and understanding to each other, treat everyone equally and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the club.
Abusive, aggressive or discriminatory language or behaviour, or a lack of respect for other people and their property, will not be tolerated. Misconduct should be reported to Council and may lead to disciplinary action.
Rutland Sailing Club implements the RYA Racing Charter and members will be expected to sail in compliance with it.
Club members are expected to:
- Abide by the club's Rules, Byelaws, Policies and Procedures.
- Treat members, visitors, staff and contractors with respect and understanding, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Avoid the use of language that others may find offensive, whether on club premises, at a club event, or when using the club's social media channels.
- Encourage all members to play as full a role in the club as they wish to and support them in developing their skills and experience.
- Recognise the contribution of coaches, instructors, officials and volunteers.
- Prioritise the safety and wellbeing of participants.
- Promote courtesy to other water users.
- Use established procedures where there is a genuine concern or dispute.
Club members can expect to:
- Feel welcome and valued.
- Be respected and treated fairly.
- Be listened to and kept informed.
- Be involved and contribute towards decisions within the club.
Last updated 10:29 on 25 April 2022