As a new member, we can arrange a New Members Guide and Introduction to Rutland Sailing Club. This will cover:
- Where is everything?
- Who does what?
- How do I do this?
- Where do I find out what's going on?
- Book a guided tour or just ask for advice from the Sailing School ( firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01780 721999 Wednesday - Sunday) or ask at the Club office (email@example.com or tel: 01780 720292 Thursday - Monday or just turn up!)
Your tour/advice could include:
- Boat park space: securing down
- The site: Slip ways how and where to launch, no sailing areas, safety cover, fleet captains, on and off the water times, parking, open meetings and fees for members
- Club house: Accommodation, use of laptops, bringing your own food on site, catering, office staff, opening hours. Council and sailing committee members
- Club Group activities: Juniors/ youth sailing, Family holiday week, Friday seniors (cruisers) Team racing, Match racing
- Boatswain: Use of tractors, Boatswain assistance
- Changing rooms: Family changing, disabled changing, Valuables
- Duties: Two duties a year, how they work and what you can do
- Visitors: Bringing family or friends
- Club Pro activities: Ladies who Launch, Saturday Social Sailing, Cygnets. Winter squads
- Sailing school: Tuition (adults and children), Powerboat, VHF, First aid, member discounts,
boat hire, Wetsuit and Buoyancy aid hire, What to buy advice, boats, clothing
- Chandlery: Rope, hardware, hats boots, gloves. Work on boats
- Corporate members: Sailability, RAF sailing, RAF Windsurfing, British Gas, Civil service, Oakham, Uppingham, Stamford, Oundle schools
- Social media, and website: rutlandsailingclub.co.uk, www.rutlandsailingschool.co.uk, face book page
Benefits of being a member include:
- Being able to sail every day!
- Boat (and car) parking on site
- Use of the clubhouse (bar, cafe, changing rooms, etc.)
- Reduced cost Sailing School Courses/Lessons
- Free/reduced price access to "club pro" activities
- Club racing - and other events
- Great company - especially through our fleets
- Can join open meetings free or for a nominal cost
Last updated 17:43 on 23 November 2021